Established in 2004, AudioActive is a registered charity (1123891) working to challenge disadvantage and enhance the development of children and young people by providing high quality creative and musical experiences throughout the South East.
We believe that music and the arts have the power to change lives. We want all children and young people to be able to access and learn from talented, inspiring artists and for them to be able shape the activities they take part in.
What do we do?
Specialising in music technology and urban performing art forms we create exciting projects and opportunities for young people that nurture their talent and teach them skills that increase their life chances in adulthood and their independence as performers or artists. We constantly take inspiration from new trends and technological developments to make sure that our work with young people is fresh, original and always evolving.
We value partnerships immensely and often team up with other organisations to develop new work.
Some examples of our work:
- Hip Hop Foundation: an annual programme including training in music production, street art, rap, DJing and Hip Hop Theatre
- Drop Days: multi-disciplinary curriculum enrichment days for entire year groups
- Rapdramatic: a project to conceive, write design rehearse and realise a full scale production in 5 days
- Lyric writing projects aiming to improve literacy and numeracy levels in school
- Break4Change: a project working creatively with families to reduce instances of Child to Parent Abuse
- Bespoke Music, film and drama projects that educate young people and explore and express their values around issues that affect them
We are always happy to talk about ideas for bespoke projects or explore the scope for more substantial partnership working. If you're a young person looking to get involved in an AudioActive project just get in touch.