Vacancy: We are currently recruiting for a Project Coordinator – Talent & Artist Development
- Hours: 19 hours per week
- Salary: £21,500 p.a. Pro-Rata (£10,893 p.a.).
- Based in: Brighton
- Contract: 1 year initial contract – with intent to become permanent
- Deadline: Midnight on Sunday 9th September 2018.
The Project Coordinator, Talent & Artist Development is a new role in the organisation created to meet the needs of our small but rapidly developing organisation. This exciting role will establish 2 strands of weekly drop in workshopsin Worthing and surrounding areas. Sessions will aim to develop a young and engaged community of practice around urban and electronic music and ultimately look to support participants into further opportunities both within and beyond our wider programme.
The role will also establish an Emerging Artist Development Programme pilot to work with 2 Emerging Artists (18-25) at a tipping point in their early career. We will favour those with high talent & potential but who are less likely to develop through existing/formal pathways due to challenging circumstances or low
prospects/attainment. The finished package will be co-designed with industry partners and the emerging artists themselves but we envisage that activities will include:
• Mentoring, both artistic & industry
• Access to high quality rehearsal and recording space
• Support to create a demo or EP
• Brokerage and advocacy of new opportunities e.g. collaborations, high profile
performances, label/industry introductions
• Legal advice & support
This is a multi-faceted post that requires a confident, pro-active and broadly skilled individual who, under the guidance of the Programme Director and The CEO is able to implement the subsequent development work necessary to achieve our vision of better futures through music.